moments in life

i guess you could say this is a sneak peak at what im feeling, what im thinking.. this is my world

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Crazy Things

Well so this long weekend has been an interesting long weekend. Saturday morning before work I received a phone call from someone I least expected to hear from, Kristopher. Well as soon as he started to talk I knew something was not right. His voice was cracking, I could tell he was crying, or so it seemed to be. The words that I made out were this, "Ami???Casey's hurt.......the tractor exploded." Thats all I could understand. I hung up the phone and sat there. I did not know what to think, what to do, I prayed and asked God why Casey? That family has been through so much and now this, what are you trying to tell them Lord? Those are some of the questions that ran through my head. My heart sank that day, i didnt want to do anything but i pushed myself through and fought a battle through prayer. Today I went to visit him. Third degree burns to both legs and his right arm. Second degree burns to his face. I walked in and I didnt know what to say, it was like my voice was taken from me. To see his face, I wanted to cry for him but there were no tears. I walked into the room to see him sitting there in pain, i looked into his eyes and all i saw was pain and fear. The first words were, "God knows what hes doing" Which seemed very odd to me. Ive never heard Casey once talke about God, It made my soul happier at that moment. The thing that happened was Devon was the one who usually works for the farmer down the road and got a temporary job helping some farmers plant grain and canola so is taking a few weeks off. Kris was going to take the job but it conflicted with his other full time job. Devon was left and said hed do it. So Friday morning woke up eager to work, drove down the road to the feild, parked the truck and hopped into the tractor, went to go start the tractor when it didnt start, it exploaded from under him and burst into flames. The impact from the blow threw him out that back window(or where the thick pane of glass was suppposed to be but had shattered along time ago) The tractor was hooked up to a cultivator where his left leg got stuck. He managed to pull his leg free, ripping handfulls of burned skin from his leg. Drug himself to his truck, and drove for their home where he was then rushed to the hospital. Doctors say it was a good thing he wore shorts that morning, if he had decided to wear pants he would most likely now have prostetic legs. Casey is 14, trusting in God and all I can do is pray. Encourage him, and tell him he looks good even though half his face is burnt. Well that is the story of my may long weekend. Now all I can do is ask those of you who are reading to pray. As Casey is starting to become depressed. Pray that God will give him the strength to get through this all. Thanks! Love you all!
AMI

3 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Scott said...

What a terrible situation. I will let the staff here know about it sot they can pray.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I will be praying. I miss you. Be blessed!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Greg Roberts said...

I'll pray, thanks for taking up the lead in this war.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home